Dried Raisins and athletic performance
Raisins are a quick and easy way to get some of your daily recommenced fruit servings. They are a good source of carbohydrates for energy. They are often added to snacks and compact, high-energy food supplements for mountaineers, backpackers and athletes who need a powerful boost of energy. They contain zero cholesterol, no fat, and high natural sugar but have a low glycemic index.
The vitamin B helps improve blood flow and the iron and copper help to create more red blood cells which transport oxygen trough your body.
Potassium and boron are essential micronutrients for proper bone formation and strengthening bones. Dried raisins contain a high amount of an amino acid called arginine, which helps transport oxygen in your blood.
The benefits of raisins for you and for performance
- Dried raisins are rich in antioxidants
- They are rich in potassium and magnesium
- They are rich in iron
- Dried raisins are also rich in calcium and boron and
- They contain a lot of fiber
- They have anti-inflammatory properties
- Rich in vitamin B, vitamin C, riboflavin, thiamin, niacin
- Source of arginine